|Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 13 February.
- Enlistments: John William Nicholson (17587 L/Cpl.)
- Discharges on medical grounds: W.J. Crook (13789), J.W. Taylor (13362) and T. Sisson (13483) of C Company.
- Newspaper article: Now then, You Lads at Workington.
- Newspaper article: An Unlucky Company.
- In billets in Albert providing working parties for the Royal Engineers.
- Battalion situated in Beaumont Hamel in dug outs at 'Station Road' and 'Y Ravine'.
- Deaths: Charles Edgar Jones (33378 Pte.)
- Battalion situated in the field. A repetition of the last two days. Men work about six hours per day whilst specialists continue training.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/135
- Now then, You Lads at Workington – Workington Star and Harrington Guardian. Published 13 February, 1916.
- An Unlucky Company – Workington Star and Harrington Guardian. Published 13 February, 1916.
- A group of soldiers (or prisoners) that are assigned to perform manual tasks or duties, for their own or other units.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, February 1916
- 11th Battalion War Diary, February 1917
- Soldiers Died in the Great War (1921) cross referenced with the Commonwealth War Graves Commission database.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, February 1918