|THE LONSDALE BATTALION|
|The home of the 11th (Service) Battalion Border Regiment in the First World War|
Honi Soit Qui Mal y Pense — Evil be to Him who Evil Thinks
A daily listing of movements, actions, events and political involvements of the Lonsdale Battalion that took place this day between 1914–1918. (This information refreshes daily.)
On this day in history (20 July)
- Battalion marches to Conteville via Ostreville and Bryas; takes over billets.
- The following officers report their arrival and are taken on strength of the Battalion:
- Lieut. Story and 2nd Lieuts. D.W. Brady, C.W. McConnon, J.H. Simcock, H.N. Spence, G.G. Bickers, S.W. Wilson, R.S. Jones.
- Battalion leaves Ghyvelde at 5:30am and marches to Camp in Bray Dunes for bathing and recreation.
- Battalion moves from Ailly-le-Haut-Clocher to Epagne.
|References & Notes|
Our largest on-going projects are The Lonsdale Battalion On This Day and Lonsdale Battalion Roll of Honour. But every project, however, no matter how large or small is just as important as the next, which is why they are of equal value and interest. Currently, there are several other site projects on the go or waiting to be started, and this is where we need your help in making these available for everyone. Take a quick look at the recent changes made to the site to see what has been happening lately.If you are interested in helping out you can contact us with any questions you may have about any of the projects. Alternatively, if you have spotted any errors and omissions, would like to create new pages or simply edit some existing ones, you can do so by creating a new account and off you go. We look forward to seeing you around.