The Lonsdale Battalion:Site projects
Projects that are currently being developed by the administrator. However, feel free to add projects to this list and/or cross out any that have been completed using the
- Write piece for A different kind of Service Battalion section.
- Write a piece for The man that started it all section.
- Write a piece for A very quick history of the Battalion section.
- Re-write old Battalion history (1914-1916).
- Write a continuation of the Battalion history (1916-1918).
Add selected images from the image gallery using the✔ (completed 25-8-2016)
- Add a bulleted list of publications to the Further reading section.
- Add a bulleted list of links to other sites of interest in the External links section.
Add old war diary transcripts from 1915–1918✔ (completed 8-7-2016) Add all the pre-existing on this day pages for the entire year✔ (completed 21-7-2016)
- Go through war diary transcripts from November 1915 and double check events for each day of the year.
- Add new events from the war diary transcripts that have not yet been included.
- Add references and notes for each event where possible.
- Add the names of Lonsdale men for enlistments and deaths to a subheading under each year.
The Army ListsEdit
- Transfer the Lonsdale Battalion British Army Listing from the old site using simple wikitable format.
- Create a remembrance page for every Lonsdale soldier.
Uploading image filesEdit
- Upload all Lonsdale related images from old wiki to the various image galleries.
- Upload all Lonsdale related images from archives to the various image galleries.
Upload edited (borderless) versions of officer images (from K.J.) specifically for use in Template:Soldier-infobox✔ (completed 25-8-2016)
- Upload edited (borderless) versions of other ranks images (from K.J.) specifically for use in Template:Soldier-infobox
Create thumbnail gallery links to the various image galleries.✔ (completed 25-8-2016)
Main Page: Use the Tabber extension to redesign the main page. Used Template:Main Page/Frame instead.✔ (completed 7-8-2016) Create one box with 8 tabs or two boxes with four tabs each (depending on aesthetics) to save space on the main page.(Design feature not used) Add a single image or a slideshow of images to the main page.✔ (completed 7-8-2016)
Using special pages for other tasksEdit
- Check the wanted pages listing and create new pages for every wanted page.
- Check spelling of war diary / on this day entries where there are discrepancies and use ReplaceText:
Corcelles - change to Courcelles✔ (completed 14-8-2016) Pushevillers - change to Puchevillers✔ (completed 14-8-2016)