Jump to navigation Jump to search
- For events that took place elsewhere in the Great War, see The Great War:28 August.
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 28 August.
- At 12:30pm the Lonsdales relieve the 17th Highland Light Infantry in the front line trenches (left of Hulluch Sector); relief is complete by 2:45pm.
- The day is very quiet with little or no action to report.
- The Commanding Officer inspects these front line trenches during the night.
- At 8:50pm the Lonsdales move from Canada Camp to Oost Dunkerque as Divisional Reserve; arrives 9:50pm.