Jump to navigation Jump to search
- For events that took place elsewhere in the Great War, see The Great War:30 June.
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 30 June.
- Newspaper article: Had Severe Blows - Lonsdales Resting.
- Newspaper article: Two in Hospital and One of Them a Lost Brother.
- Battalion situated at Crucifix Corner. No fresh written Battalion Orders are issued. Sometime during the day notes and instructions are issued verbally by Lt-Col. Machell. Each man is thoroughly acquainted with the task that lay before him.
- The Lonsdales move up at 10pm from dug-outs at Crucifix Corner to specifically dug assembly trenches in the thickest (and least damaged) area of Authuille Wood in preparation for Zero Hour on 1 July. A transverse trench used for communication purposes leads the men through the wood. They are hardly shelled at all during the night, with zero casualties.
- Battalion patrol examines wire in M.22.b.1.6. Day is exceptionally quiet.
|References & Notes|