|Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 31 January.
- Memo: “fire broke out this morning in no. 2 Barrack Room....The damage is very slight being confined to the woodwork of the window sill. There is a danger of fire arising from all the stoves....because they are fixed too near to the woodwork.” 
- Battalion situated in dug-outs at Beaumont Hamel. The Lonsdales take over R1 Sector relieving the 16th Highland Light Infantry.
- The Commanding Officer meets with General Jardine.
- Deaths: Horace Frederick Dutton (27675 Pte.)
- Battalion situated on the front line. All very quiet.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/268
- Fatigue duty is the employment of manual labour assigned to military men that does not necessitate the use of weaponry.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, January 1916
- 11th Battalion War Diary, January 1917
- Soldiers Died in the Great War (1921) cross referenced with the Commonwealth War Graves Commission database.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, January 1918