Jump to navigation Jump to search
- For events that took place elsewhere in the Great War, see The Great War:4 October.
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 4 October.
- Battalion leaves Annezin for the front line trenches in the Cambrin Sector, relieving the 1st Dorsetshire Regiment (14th Brigade); relief commences at 11:30am and completes at 4:15pm.
- At 7:55pm, 8:44pm and 10:29pm a combined shoot of stokes mortars, rifle fire and machine gun fire is carried out by the 8th Division lasting for 5 minutes (each shoot).
- Battalion cooperates with the rifle and machine gun; the enemy retaliates with a few minenwerfers and oil cans.
- Thomas Henry Linney (13313 L/Cpl.) transfers to the 1st Border Regiment.
- Battalion holds the left sub-sector of Lombardzyde Sector – dispositions are unchanged; one other rank is wounded.