- 17 Aug - Belgian Government moves to.
- 04 Sep - Belgians open dykes.
- 12 Sep - Successful sortie from.
- 26 Sep - Germans begin siege.
- 28 Sep - Bombardment of outer forts.
- 29 Sep - Fort Wavre silenced.
- 01 Oct - Fort Waelhem silenced.
- 02 Oct - Belgians retire behind the river Nèthe.
- 03 Oct - Neutral Legations leaving.
- 05 Oct - Germans cross Nèthe.
- 05 Oct - British naval brigade arrives.
- 07 Oct - Evacuation begins.
- 07 Oct - Germans cross the river Scheldt.
- 08 Oct - British naval brigade leaves.
- 08 Oct - Bombardment of the city; continues until 9 October.
- 09 Oct - Fall of the city.
- 10 Oct - Surrender of the last forts.
- 13 Oct - Germans levy £20,000,000.
Chronological events here part of The Great War:On This Day project. We need your help to expand and improve upon this content.
Source: Lord Edward Gleichen (1918–1920). Chronology of the War. Volumes I, II & III. Constable & Company, London. (Copyright expired)