Lonsdale Records/E Company, Depot Company

The home of the Lonsdale Battalion and the Border Regiment in the First World War
Jump to: navigation, search
Main article: List of Surviving Lonsdale Records

The list of Lonsdale Records relating to the Lowther family and the Earls of Lonsdale are stored at the Cumbria Record Office (Carlisle Headquarters). The Lowther Family Estate have thousands of records listed in various categories and sub-categories ranging from DLons/L5 to DLons/L25. The records relating to the 11th Border Regiment (Lonsdale) range from DLons/L13/13/1 to DLons/L13/13/282

D LONS/L13/13/204–216

E Company / Depot Company

  • D LONS/L13/13/204: File re receipts for documents of soldiers who were transferred to the Depot - date: 13 June - 9 July 1915
  • D LONS/L13/13/205: Daily parade states - date: 4 - 28 August 1915
  • D LONS/L13/13/206: Depot orders 1 - 256 - date: 7 May - 2 September 1915
  • D LONS/L13/13/207: Miscellaneous papers - date: 3 May - 19 September 1915
  • D LONS/L13/13/208: Papers re the granting of leave to serving soldiers to assist with haymaking and harvesting - date: 7 May - 29 September 1915
  • D LONS/L13/13/209: Papers re regimental institute including draft lease of the institute building at Blackhall - date: 28 May - 30 September 1915
  • D LONS/L13/13/210: Papers including recruitment, administration, discipline, equipment - date: 26 November 1914 - 7 October 1915
  • D LONS/L13/13/211: Daily orders nos. 1-116 - date: 26 May - 11 October 1915
  • D LONS/L13/13/212: Stray telegrams and papers - date: 10 May - 27 October 1915
  • D LONS/L13/13/213: File including training, promotion, transfers and the problems of recruiting - date: 22 July - 4 November 1915
  • D LONS/L13/13/214: File of correspondence - date: 10 May - 10 November 1915
  • D LONS/L13/13/215: File re recruitment including medical and short service forms, receipts for soldiers' documents, recruitment returns, passes, allowances - date: 22 July - 11 November 1915
  • D LONS/L13/13/216: Ledger of infantry equipment received and issued - date: 1 April 1915 - 31 March 1916

—For access to the above records please contact the Cumbria Archive Centre (Carlisle)