Chronological events that took place in South Africa.
- 10 August German troops raid Cape Colony (from South West Africa), but abandon Swakopmund and Lüderitz Bay.
- 15 August First seditious meeting.
- 21 August Invaded by the Germans.
- 15 September Second seditious meeting.
- 18 September Lüderitz Bay occupied by the British.
- 12 October Martial law proclaimed.
- 21 October Revolt of Christian Beyers and Christiaan de Wet.
- 8 December Collapse of rebellion.
- 3 July – Offers volunteer contingent announced by General Smuts.
This chronological event forms part of our "On this Day" project. We need your help to expand and improve upon this content.
Source: Lord Edward Gleichen (1918–1920). Chronology of the War. Volumes I, II & III. Constable & Company, London. (Copyright expired)