Great War events that took place on 26 January.
1915 (Tuesday)[edit source | hide | hide all]
- Continued fighting near Craonne; successful French counter-attacks.
- Russian success near the Dukla Pass.
- Turks renew their attacks in Armenia.
- Turkish advance on Egypt through Sinai begins (see 2 February).
- Patrol engagement near El Kantara (Suez Canal).
- Loss of the auxiliary cruiser HMS Viknor is announced.
- Triple Entente Governments agree to hold "Pact of London" applicable to war with Turkey (see 5 September, 1914).
Acknowledgements[edit source | hide]
Various sources contemporary to the war have been used to compile The Great War:On This Day. The majority of events, additional notes and other appendices such as statistical data etc., have been primarily sourced from reprints of the following copyright-expired publications:
- Chronology of the War. Volumes I, II & III (1918-1920). Lord Edward Gleichen. Constable & Company, London.
- History of the Great War – Principle Events 1914-1918. (1922). The Historical Section of the Committee of Imperial Defence. HMSO, London.