Great War events that took place on 30 January.
1915 (Saturday)[edit source | hide | hide all]
- French lose ground and 700 prisoners in Western Argonne.
- German offensive near Lipno (north-west Poland) driven back.
- Russians defeat Turks at Sufian, and drive them from Tabriz (see 8 January and 14 June).
- German submarine sinks four British merchant vessels off Lancashire coast.
- British Admiralty warn British merchant vessels to fly neutral or no ensigns in vicinity of British Isles (see 6, 7 and 11 February).
Acknowledgements[edit source | hide]
Various sources contemporary to the war have been used to compile The Great War:On This Day. The majority of events, additional notes and other appendices such as statistical data etc., have been primarily sourced from reprints of the following copyright-expired publications:
- Chronology of the War. Volumes I, II & III (1918-1920). Lord Edward Gleichen. Constable & Company, London.
- History of the Great War – Principle Events 1914-1918. (1922). The Historical Section of the Committee of Imperial Defence. HMSO, London.