The 3/4th Battalion Border Regiment was formed at Kendal in March 1915 as a "third line" or depot/training battalion that also supplied drafts to the 1/4th and 2/4th Battalions. In December 1915 the 3/4th Battalion moved to Ramsey on the Isle of Man and in April 1916 became a reserve battalion. The 3/5th Battalion Border Regiment was absorbed into the 3/4th Battalion on the 1st September 1916. It moved to Ripon in January 1917 and then to Scarborough in May and Filey in November of the same year.
- Information from The Long, Long Trail (Border Regiment Article) by Chris Baker.