|THE LONSDALE BATTALION|
|The home of the 11th (Service) Battalion Border Regiment in the First World War|
Honi Soit Qui Mal y Pense — Evil be to Him who Evil Thinks
A daily listing of movements, actions, events and political involvements of the Lonsdale Battalion that took place this day between 1914–1918. (This information refreshes daily.)
On this day in history (19 September)
- Estimate from Joseph Blain, general dealer of Blackfriars Street, Carlisle for the following necessaries items:
- 1000 hairbrushes at 12s per dozen, 1000 toothbrushes at 4s per dozen, 1000 dressing combs at 5s per dozen, 84 dozen knives and forks at 4s 9d per dozen, 1000 tablespoons at tablespoons at 6s 6d per dozen; delivery in about 7 days. 
- Memo from J. Fitzsimmons, hatter of Botchergate: “I have pleasure in quoting for 1000 Territorial Caps – Standard Army Pattern....making, trimming including badge – price 2s 9d each.” 
- Battalion situated in reserve line billets (Harley Street) find working parties  for front line trenches and the Royal Engineers.
- General Rycroft visits Battalion HQ at 4:45pm.
- Battalion in the front line. A solitary German solider comes from 'Alpha Post' towards 'C' Company Post.
- 2nd Lieut. Ridgway leaves 'C' Company Post to meet the German soldier. There is no result from these advances.
- Operation Orders are received from Brigade.
Our largest on-going projects are The Lonsdale Battalion On This Day and Lonsdale Battalion Roll of Honour. But every project, however, no matter how large or small is just as important as the next, which is why they are of equal value and interest. Currently, there are several other site projects on the go or waiting to be started, and this is where we need your help in making these available for everyone. Take a quick look at the recent changes made to the site to see what has been happening lately.If you are interested in helping out you can contact us with any questions you may have about any of the projects. Alternatively, if you have spotted any errors and omissions, would like to create new pages or simply edit some existing ones, you can do so by creating a new account and off you go. We look forward to seeing you around.