|THE LONSDALE BATTALION|
|The home of the 11th (Service) Battalion Border Regiment in the First World War|
Honi Soit Qui Mal y Pense — Evil be to Him who Evil Thinks
A daily listing of movements, actions, events and political involvements of the Lonsdale Battalion that took place this day between 1914–1918. (This information refreshes daily.)
On this day in history (1 March)
- W. Robinson (15284) of C Company is deprived of 7 days’ pay.
- H.J. Bannon (15542) of A Company receives 4 days’ detention.
- Battalion situated in billets in Hénencourt.
- All leave is stopped for a return to another part of the line.
- Le Quesnel: In billets as Brigade Reserve. Preparations are made prior to marching for the line.
- Battalion parades and marches off in companies at 1pm, relieving the 2nd Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers in Support Line 'Kuropatkin'.
- Major Chamberlayne takes over as Second in Command.
- Battalion situated at camp near Woesten.
- Companies at the disposal of officers commanding companies for training, on the range and in open fighting.
- Signallers, snipers, scouts and Lewis Gunners carry on independently. Lecture in salvage to NCO's.
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/137
Our largest on-going projects are The Lonsdale Battalion On This Day and Lonsdale Battalion Roll of Honour. But every project, however, no matter how large or small is just as important as the next, which is why they are of equal value and interest. Currently, there are several other site projects on the go or waiting to be started, and this is where we need your help in making these available for everyone. Take a quick look at the recent changes made to the site to see what has been happening lately.If you are interested in helping out you can contact us with any questions you may have about any of the projects. Alternatively, if you have spotted any errors and omissions, would like to create new pages or simply edit some existing ones, you can do so by creating a new account and off you go. We look forward to seeing you around.