|THE LONSDALE BATTALION|
|The home of the 11th (Service) Battalion Border Regiment in the First World War|
Honi Soit Qui Mal y Pense — Evil be to Him who Evil Thinks
A daily listing of movements, actions, events and political involvements of the Lonsdale Battalion that took place this day between 1914–1918. (This information refreshes daily.)
On this day in history (19 January)
- Sergeant Percy Colt (13797) of B Company is reverted to the ranks.
- Deaths: Joseph Fairlamb (17464 Pte.) [note 1]
- In rest billets at Bouzincourt.
- Mailly-Maillet: Situated in billets. One Officer per company goes into the trenches and remains in the line.
- The Commanding Officer and 5 other officers visit the line prior to relieving the 2nd Gordons.
- Deaths: Isaac Dugdale (20081 Pte.)
- All Companies on 'B' Range. Transport moves by road for Langemarck Area.
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/135
Our largest on-going projects are The Lonsdale Battalion On This Day and Lonsdale Battalion Roll of Honour. But every project, however, no matter how large or small is just as important as the next, which is why they are of equal value and interest. Currently, there are several other site projects on the go or waiting to be started, and this is where we need your help in making these available for everyone. Take a quick look at the recent changes made to the site to see what has been happening lately.If you are interested in helping out you can contact us with any questions you may have about any of the projects. Alternatively, if you have spotted any errors and omissions, would like to create new pages or simply edit some existing ones, you can do so by creating a new account and off you go. We look forward to seeing you around.
<ref> tags exist for a group named "note", but no corresponding
<references group="note"/> tag was found