A daily listing of the Lonsdales movements, actions and events that took place on this day. This page refreshes every day.
Learn more about this project.
- Molliens-au-Bois: Battalion engaged in lectures, inspections and physical exercises due to inclement weather.
- Berteaucourt: Battalion involved in brigade courses in sniping and Lewis guns.
- One company is employed in constructing bayonet fighting course.
- Remainder of the battalion are under Company arrangements.
- Battalion situated at 'Brake Camp' involved in reorganisation. Companies at the disposal of Company Commanders.
- Deaths: Frederick Bent (260268 Pte.)
- ↑ Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/111
Various sources contemporary to the war have been used to compile The Lonsdale Battalion On This Day
. The majority of the events shown on this day (Lonsdale Battalion on this day...), including any supplementary notes, enlistments and statistical data etc., have been primarily sourced from the Lonsdale Battalion War Diary
(November 1915 to June 1918), Record of the XIth (Service) Battalion (Lonsdale)
and abridged material from Timeline and Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915)
, which are sourced from the original DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives
. Events from that chronology are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther (2016). They are identified and referenced separately by their unique DLONS numbers. Please do not publish these events without prior permission from the Lowther Estate. All casualty names, numbers, ranks, date of deaths and places of burial/commemoration have been sourced from Soldiers Died in the Great War 1914-19, Volume 39, The Border Regiment
and the Commonwealth War Graves Commission