The following pages are a word for word transcription from the above title. Every effort has been made to ensure accuracy and remain true to the original document. There may, however, be some transcription errors. This document was published during the war and is public domain material.
You are currently on the home page of this document. You can navigate to other pages within this document from this page or the navigation bar at the top of each document page.
This document is about the Lonsdale Battalion during a twenty three month period from 1914-1916. It is a combination of several original documents that provide some detail into the day-to-day running of the Battalion at a time of war, including actions overseas (in France) and various notes, orders, instructions and war diary extracts.
Record of the Lonsdale Battalion[edit | edit source | hide | hide all]
- Record of the XIth (Service) Battalion (Lonsdale) - In England
- Record of the XIth (Service) Battalion (Lonsdale) - In France (war diary extracts)
- Appendix A - Extract from Note for Officers & N.C.O.'s
- Appendix B - Report on the Raid 5/6 June 1916
- Appendix C - Extracts Brigade Ops Order No.45
- Appendix D - Battalion Orders by Lt.-Colonel P.W. Machell
- Appendix E - Final Notes and Instructions from C.O.
- Appendix F - Messages re Zero Time
- Appendix G - Casualties (Other Ranks) 1/7/16
- Appendix H - Honours and Awards
- Appendix I - Officers & N.C.O.'s Served with Regular Army
- Appendix J - Press Appreciations