Herbert Henry Asquith
- 30 Jul - Speech in the House of Commons.
- 06 Aug - Speech in the House of Commons.
- 28 Aug - Letter to Lord Mayor.
- 04 Sep - Speech at the Guildhall.
- 18 Sep - Speech at Edinburgh.
- 25 Sep - Speech at Dublin.
- 02 Oct - Speech at Cardiff.
- 09 Nov - Speech at the Guildhall.
This chronological event forms part of our "On this Day" project. We need your help to expand and improve upon this content.
Source: Lord Edward Gleichen (1918–1920). Chronology of the War. Volumes I, II & III. Constable & Company, London. (Copyright expired)
- Various authors. (1915). Great Speeches of the War. Hazell, Watson and Viney, London.
- Speech was at a patriotic meeting of the Citizens of London held in the Guildhall on 4 September, 1914. The Prime Minister, Mr. Churchill, Mr. Balfour, and Mr. Bonar Law, the leader of the Opposition, were the principal speakers.