1/5th Battalion (Territorial Force) Border Regiment (Cumberland)
(Redirected from 1/5th Battalion)
- In August 1914 the 1/5th Battalion was in Carlisle. Army Troops were attached to the East Lancashire Division. Moved to Barrow.
- 26th October 1914 the Battalion landed at Le Havre and was attached to Lines of Communication. [Official History of the war mentions attachment to Jullundur Brigade in Lahore Division].
- 5th May 1915 the Battalion was attached to 149th Brigade in 50th (Northumbrian) Division.
- 20th December 1915 the Battalion was transferred to 151st Brigade in same Division.
- 12th February 1918 the Battalion was transferred to the 66th (2nd East Lancashire) Division as a Pioneer Battalion.
- 7th May 1918 the Battalion was transferred to 97th Brigade in 32nd Division and absorbed the cadre of the Regiment's 11th Battalion (Lonsdale).
- A few of my experiences whilst "on active service" by Charles Rooke, 1/5th Battalion Border Regiment.
References / notes
- Information from The Long, Long Trail (Border Regiment Article) by Chris Baker.