A history of the Lonsdale Battalion
The author of this history is not a historian, nor a writer but has had a keen interest in the Battalion for over a decade. This history (not yet complete) will cover the period 1914 – 1918.
The following pages continue the Lonsdales story. They are in chronological order.
- Blackhall Camp - Formation and training (September 1914 – November 1915)
- The Lonsdales Land in France (November and December 1915)
- A Quiet Six Months (January – June 1916)
- Night Raid on the Leipzig Salient (5 June 1916)
- The Big Push (1 July 1916)
Sources used for this history
- Lonsdale Battalion War Diary (November 1915 – July 1918)
- Record of the XIth (Service) Battalion (Lonsdale) - In England
- Record of the XIth (Service) Battalion (Lonsdale) - In France
- Border Regiment in the Great War, The by H.C. Wylly
- Lonsdale Battalion 1914 – 1918, The by Colin Bardgett
- Thiepval: Battleground Somme by Michael Stedman
- Tried and Valiant The Story of the Border Regiment 1702-1959 by Douglas Sutherland