More Recruits for Lonsdale Battalion
- ←Back to: Workington Star and Harrington Guardian
MORE RECRUITS FOR LONSDALE BATTALION
Following are additional recruits to the Lonsdale Battalion bringing the number to 80.
- John Turnbull, 26 Berwick Street;
- James Simpson, 26 Berwick Street;
- John Edward Allinson, 42 Ramsey Brow;
- Robert Leybourne, 146 Senhouse Street;
- John William Gibbons, 12 Grasslot (Maryport);
- John William Dunstan, 14 Christian Street;
- James McAdam, 132 Corporation Road, Harold Petitt Schoose Cottages;
- Thomas Campbell, 1 St. Michaels Road;
- Osborne Morgan Lewis Glenfield House, Barepot (son of Councillor Lewis);
- Albert Edwin Marlow, 17 Gordon Street;
- Isaac Henry McKuire, 19a Derwent Crossings;
- Isaac Armitage, 14 Beach Street;
- Joseph Sidney McVey, 19 Cammells Terrace;
- William Thompson, formerly of Workington (a well known cricketer);
- Isaac Kennedy, 6 Irving Street (also a cricketer);
- Roy Walker, 2 Washington Street, a prominent footballer and son of Mr, Dugald Walker;
- John Jackson Bell, 12 Hartington Street;
- Alan Pearson Lumsden, 49 Vulcans Lane.
—Workington Star and Harrington Guardian, Published 23 October, 1914.