- For events that took place elsewhere in the Great War, see The Great War:23 October.
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 23 October.
- Newspaper article: More Recruits for Lonsdale Battalion.
- Three men are recruited at Kingstown, two at Fir Ends, 12 at Carlisle Cross and 7 at Devonshire Street.
- Enlistments: Richard Coulthard (15347 Pte.).
- Battalion situated at Teteghem. Companies at the disposal of Company Commanders for training. Recreation in the afternoon.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.