|Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 12 October.
- 3 men recruited at Low Row.
- Enlistments: William Calvert (13851 Pte.).
- From the Recruiting Office to Lt-Col. Machell: “Authorise the acceptance of recruits of a minimum height of 5’ 3 ins and of a chest measurement of 34 inches if under 22 years of age, and 34 inches if over.” 
- Memo from the Recruiting Officer, Carlisle: “I must draw to your notice that the hirings in Cumberland....will be taking place about the first week in November....all recruiters in the Area should take steps to obtain as many recruits as possible.” 
- Battalion situated in the support line of the Cambrin Sector.
- The Commanding officer and a party of 1st East Yorkshires arrive for the purpose of gathering information prior to their Battalion taking over the line from the Lonsdales.
- Battalion supporting Royal Engineer parties.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.