For events that took place elsewhere in the Great War, see The Great War:14 October.
1914[edit | edit source]
- Thomas Furness is recruited at Penrith.
- Telegram from W.W.R. Binning to Lt-Col. Machell: “John William Harker contractor supplies all food and is paid two shillings per head per day no profit to Battalion. So far everything satisfactory. Could not get anyone else take on contract.” 
1916[edit | edit source]
- Battalion leaves trenches for Bethune, having been relieved by 1st East Yorkshires.
- Supplies Royal Engineer parties.
1917[edit | edit source]
- Battalion situated at Teteghem. Church Parade at 10am for 'A' & 'C' Companies; at 11am for 'B' & 'D' Companies.
References / notes[edit | edit source]
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.