|Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 1 October.
- One man is recruited in Cumwhitton.
- Enlistments: Howard Nicholson (13402 Pte.).
- Colour-Sergeant Cowie (Border Regiment) is appointed the Battalion's Sergeant-Major. He remains in the role until 20 May, 1915.
- Telegram from Lt-Col. Machell: “Lord Lonsdale has obtained authority enlist five feet five instead five feet six.” 
- Telegram from Lord Lonsdale to Lt-Col. Machell: “...have got present for each man of pair blankets if not three they will all be at Carlisle today.” 
- Morning practice in crossing craters. The Commanding Officer is a member of a General Court Martial.
- Holding the left sub-sector of Lombardzyde Sector – dispositions are unchanged.
- 2nd Lieut. J.G.M. Marr is wounded. Five other ranks are killed and five are wounded.
- Deaths: Charley Boadle (202955 Pte.) • William Brennand (202842 Pte.) • George Henry Morely Brigham (33574 L/Cpl.) • Robert Langton (260232 Pte.).
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.