Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 8 October.
- 1 man is recruited at Bowness-on-Solway.
- Enlistments: Richard Jackson (13686 L/Cpl.).
- Acknowledgement of order from Thorpe’s of Carlisle for “....1000 Stockinette Cardigan Jackets, assorted linings.” 
- Battalion strength: 431 other ranks, 10 officers.
- Battalion situated in the Cambrin Sector. During the morning Brigadier-General Jardine and the Commanding Officer visit front line trenches.
- At 3pm the Battalion is relieved from the Right Subsector by the 17th Highland Light Infantry and proceeds to take up position in support (Village Line).
- Battalion situated in Teteghem. Recreation in the afternoon.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.