|Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 27 October.
- One man is recruited at Penrith.
- Enlistments: William Arthur Fell (17355 L/Cpl.).
- Letter from Redmaynes, tailors of Kendal regarding uniform sizes: “My instructions are ‘No alterations to be made, the tunics & trousers are to be tried on different recruits until each one receives somewhere near a fit’ as all are made in stock sizes not to measures!” 
- R. Stanley is appointed RQMS He remains in the role until his appointment to a commission of Captain on 22nd February, 1915.
- Battalion situated at Bouzincourt. General parade of instruction and working parties for the Royal Engineers.
- Battalion situated in the Roubrouck Area. Commanding Officer's lectures during morning.
- Stretcher bearers under medical officers from 10am to 12pm and from 2-4pm.
- Battalion carries out practice during afternoon.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/5
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/11
- Regimental Quartermaster Sergeant.
- The Lonsdale Battalion Border Regiment, September 1914 to June 1915.
- A group of soldiers (or prisoners) that are assigned to perform manual tasks or duties, for their own or other units.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, October 1916
- 11th Battalion War Diary, October 1917