Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 26 October.
- 4 men are recruited at Cargo.
- Enlistments: Thomas Forrester Harrison (15370 Pte.).
- Lt-Col. Machell reports to Lord Lonsdale: “The mess hut has been lengthened...several of the new tables have been received & we can now just seat all the men together – a huge advantage. Men are also at work flooring the stables, as further accommodation is urgently required. Men are coming in well – strength yesterday 729...we have about 200 men in uniform now. We are organising a big parade for 7th Nov. the hiring day at Carlisle...The health of the men is good...their conduct is splendid...” 
- Letter to Lt-Col. Machell: “[The] meeting here [at Appleby] was very satisfactory, several men coming forward at & after the meeting & today several have been attested here, & going on to Kendal Wednesday. I was wondering if it could be arranged that you will be able to let us have some slides of photo’s taken of Lonsdale Battn. that we could throw upon the sheet.” 
- Battalion situated at Bouzincourt. General parade of instruction and working parties for the Royal Engineers.
- Battalion situated at the Roubrouck Area. Companies at the disposal of Company Commanders for cleaning up and indoor work.
- Specialists involved in training.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.