|Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 9 October.
- 7 men are recruited at Cocklakes; 7 men are recruited at Ainstable.
- Newspaper advertisement: Men of Cumberland and Westmorland (Newspaper advert).
- Battalion situated in the support line of the Cambrin Sector. Major Wallace G.S.O.s visits Battalion H.Q. during the afternoon.
- Battalion finds working parties for the Royal Engineers.
- Situated in the line during the day.
- Deaths: Septimus Norman (23952 Pte.).
- Battalion situated at Teteghem. Companies at disposal of Company Commanders for training. Specialist training carried out.
- Recreation in the afternoon.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/279
- Published in the Workington Star and Harrington Guardian, 9 October, 1914.
- General Staff Officers.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, October 1916
- A group of soldiers (or prisoners) that are assigned to perform manual tasks or duties, for their own or other units.
- Soldiers Died in the Great War (1921) cross referenced with the Commonwealth War Graves Commission database.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, October 1917