|Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 15 October.
- 6 men are recruited at Thursby.
- Enlistments: James Culley (13874 L/Cpl.).
- 'C' Company and 'D' Company join the rest of the Battalion at Blackhall Racecourse, Carlisle.
- Percy Wilfred Machell is gazetted the temporary rank of Lieutenant-Colonel, to date from 1 September 1914.
- Letter from Major Binning: “Robert Rutherford whose Attestation papers I enclose has made a false attestation. He is an Indentured Apprentice and his employer will not let him go. I therefore recommend....that he be discharged.” 
- Battalion leaves Bethune in full marching order. Arrives Labeuvrere and billets there.
- Battalion parade in afternoon under C.O.
- Battalion situated at Teteghem. 'A', 'B' & 'D' Companies at disposal of Company Commanders for physical drill and musketry training during morning.
- 'C' Company on 6 mile route march. Recreation in the afternoon.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/279
- 11th Border Regiment C Company formed of Westmorland men from Kendal.
- 11th Border Regiment D Company formed of Cumberland men from Workington.
- Record of the XIth (Service) Battalion (Lonsdale) - In France
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/23
- 11th Battalion War Diary, October 1916
- 11th Battalion War Diary, October 1917