|Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 2 October.
- 6 men are recruited at Drumburgh; a further 2 men are recruited at Wigton.
- Newspaper article: Notes of the Week (Editorial about Raising the Lonsdales).
- Battalion practices crossing craters during morning, watched by the Commanding Officer.
- The Adjutant visits Battalion HQ in the Cambrin Sector; Sector Battalion is to take over. Very wet afternoon.
- Battalion holds the left sub-sector of Lombardzyde Sector – dispositions are unchanged; 14 other ranks wounded, 1 other rank killed.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.