|Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 6 October.
- 3 men are recruited at Aikton.
- Enlistments: William David Nash (13633 Pte.).
- Battalion Orders include “NOTICE: Smoking in the Rooms is strictly forbidden and any man caught will be severely punished.” 
- Letter of Major Binning to G.D. Oliver [architect]: “....receipt of supply of Cigarettes and Tobacco for the men here....” 
- Battalion situated in the Cambrin Sector. The day is comparatively quiet.
- The Commanding Officer visits the front line trenches during morning.
- At 11:45am a bombardment of the enemy trenches is carried out by Stokes and 2 trench mortars.
- Enemy's trenches are considerably damaged and there is no retaliation.
- The Lonsdales march to Adinkerke, then proceeds to Rosendael by barge and finally by route march to Teteghem, arriving about 8pm.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.