|Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 22 October.
- Two men are recruited at Bromfield, another two at Caldbeck and 13 at Devonshire Street.
- General Equipment Indent: 10 felling axes, 20 bill hooks, 10 pick axes, 10 general service shovels, 10 spades, 6 wedge sawyers, 12 latrine screens, 12 birch brooms, 50 latrine buckets, 2 bundles latrine paper.
- Battalion remains in Herissat. Parade in the morning. Instruction on bombing and live grenade throwing in afternoon.
- Commanding officer, Col. Girdwood rejoins the Battalion along with 6 other ranks.
- Battalion situated at Teteghem. At 9am Companies and Battalion HQ carry out 6 mile route march (independently) in full marching order.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.