Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 1 September.
- Command of the Lonsdale Battalion is given to P. W. Machell, C.M.G., of Crackenthorpe, with the temporary rank of Lieutenant-Colonel. His commission and rank is gazetted on 15 October, 1914.
- Battalion is absorbed into the 75th Training Reserve Battalion of 17th Reserve Brigade.
- Deaths: Thomas William Hogg (17463 Pte.).
- Battalion situated at Ooste-Dunkerque. The Village is shelled considerably with long distance high velocity guns during the night 31 August. Transport Lines are hit and 4 Officers' Chargers are killed.
References / notes
- The Lonsdale Battalion Border Regiment, September 1914 to June 1915.
- Record of the XIth (Service) Battalion (Lonsdale) - In France
- 12 The Border Regiment Orders of Battle. Accessed 7 August 2016.
- The Border Regiment Chris Barker. The Long, Long Trail. Accessed 7 August 2016.
- Soldiers Died in the Great War (1921) cross referenced with the Commonwealth War Graves Commission database.