Jump to navigation Jump to search
- For events that took place elsewhere in the Great War, see The Great War:14 September.
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 14 September.
- Battalion Commanding Officer visits the front line trenches and Company HQ in the Cuinchy Sector during morning.
- At 7:00pm hostile aerial darts and minenwerfers are fired in the direction of brickstacks searching for Stokes (trench mortar) gun positions.
- Battalion situated in billets in Wulpen finding working parties. Operation Orders are received from Brigade.
References / notes
- A class of German short range mortars developed around 1908-1909, used extensively during the First World War.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, September 1916
- A group of soldiers (or prisoners) that are assigned to perform manual tasks or duties, for their own or other units.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, September 1917