Jump to navigation Jump to search
- For events that took place elsewhere in the Great War, see The Great War:20 September.
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 20 September.
- The Lonsdales relieve the 17th Highland Light Infantry in front line trenches; relief commences at 3:00pm and completes at 4:45pm.
- The Germans bombard the Lonsdales lines from 6:45pm to 7:15pm causing some damage to trenches.
- Battalion situated in the line. A British aeroplane crashes at 'Kettlerdam Bridge'; the pilot is rescued.
- The Lonsdales are relieved by 15th Highland Light Infantry and move into billets at Coxyde.
- Deaths: William Jameson (33497 Pte.).