Jump to navigation Jump to search
- For events that took place elsewhere in the Great War, see The Great War:18 September.
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 18 September.
- “It is anticipated that a battalion called "The Lonsdale Battalion" with Workington, Carlisle and Kendal as centres. A large number of names have been given in, and those who wish to join will please give their names and addresses to Mr. R.H. Hodgson, the Drill Hall, Workington. A number of officers will be required, and those willing to take a commission should apply at once. It will be necessary for all those willing to join, to give their names in as quickly as possible. It is anticipated that this will be on the lines of a Pals Battalion.” 
- Battalion situated in reserve line billets (Harley Street) find working parties  for front line trenches and Royal Engineers.
- Colonel Wace, GSO, calls at Battalion HQ during the morning.
- Battalion situated in the front line. The Germans use megaphone from 'Alpha Post' to 'C' Company Post.