Jump to navigation Jump to search
- For events that took place elsewhere in the Great War, see The Great War:8 September.
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 8 September.
- Enlistments: Leonard Close (13462 Pte.).
- Battalion leaves Bethune for Quesnoy to take up a reserve position in the Cuinchy Sector.
- Relief commences at 1:30am and completes by 2:15am.
- Battalion situated in the front line experiences some shelling on the Left Company Front.
- Two other ranks are killed and three wounded.
- Operation Orders are received from Brigade.