| Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
- Two men are recruited at Wetheral.
- Enlistments: Chambers Barton (13310 Pte.) • William Elliott (13309 L/Cpl.) • Thomas Henry Linney (13313 L/Cpl.) • John Nevin (13336 Pte.)
- A telegram states: “Lonsdale Battalion Border being raised at three centres...Kendal, Workington, Carlisle. As proper accommodation available at camp on racecourse Carlisle drafts will be sent and Headquarters established Carlisle. Meanwhile Battalion Headquarters Portland Place Penrith.” 
- William Henry Wright of London Road, Carlisle offered to visit Blackhall Camp to provide shaving and haircutting services.
- Battalion finds working parties for the front line trenches in the Cambrin Sector.
- At 2:30pm the 97th Brigade carries out a practice with No.2 Squadron RFC in signalling.
- Battalion, consisting of one officer and two signallers per Company, proceeds to take up a position in the Sailly-Labourse line (Beuvry) at 12 noon. All take part in the practice.
- Battalion relieves the 15th Lancashire Fusiliers as Support Battalion in the Lombardzyde Sector; Battalion HQ in 'Rubber House'.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.