Jump to navigation Jump to search
- For events that took place elsewhere in the Great War, see The Great War:16 September.
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 16 September.
1916[edit | edit source]
- Battalion is relieved in the front line trenches (Cuinchy Sector) at 3:00pm by the 17th Highland Light Infantry.
- Retires to reserve line billets at 'Harley Street'; relief complete by 5:00pm.
- Henry Leonard Parry (13257) of A Company is killed in action, aged 28 years.
1917[edit | edit source]
- Battalion situated in the front line; everything is quiet.