- For events that took place elsewhere in the Great War, see The Great War:22 September.
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 22 September.
- There are 17 enlistments, mostly to A Company.
- Major Binning’s copy order to Redmayne’s of Wigton: “Please book order for making up & trimming 2000 Jackets & 2000 pairs of Trousers & 8s 9d per set....delivery to be made at 300 suits per week....garments to be....turned out smart and well finished.” 
- Battalion situated in the front line trenches (Cuinchy Sector). The Commanding Officer visits the front line trenches during morning; the day is comparatively quiet.
- The Lonsdales leave La Panne by sea route for Zuydcoote and takes over from 1/4th King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.