| Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
- Three men are recruited at Brampton.
- Enlistments: William George Barnfather (13398 Pte.), Joseph Miller Gibson (13383 Pte.), Joseph Hodgson (13363 Pte.) and Samuel Russell Irving (15415 Pte.).
- Thorpe’s of Carlisle acknowledge order for “2000 pairs of Pants at 40s [£2] per dozen.” 
- Companies at the disposal of Company Commanders during the morning.
- The commanding officer, medical officer, one other officer and two NCO's per Company attend a course on Gas at Beuvry, commencing 9:30am.
- In the afternoon the companies go for a one-hour route march.
- Battalion finds working parties for the front line battalion.
- 'B' Company carrying party is led astray by Highland Light Infantry guide. One other rank is wounded and missing and another, wounded; one other rank killed at Battalion HQ.
- Deaths: John Burgess (13715 Pte.) and James Frederick Gilpin (7827 Pte.).
- Deaths: Harold Kitchin (19551 Pte.)
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/279
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/111
- 11th Battalion War Diary, September 1916
- A group of soldiers (or prisoners) that are assigned to perform manual tasks or duties, for their own or other units.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, September 1917
- Soldiers Died in the Great War (1921) cross referenced with the Commonwealth War Graves Commission database.