Jump to navigation Jump to search
- For events that took place elsewhere in the Great War, see The Great War:3 September.
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 3 September.
- The Lonsdales relieve the 17th Highland Light Infantry in Left Sub-sector St. George's Sector at Ooste-Dunkerque; first company marches off at 8:30pm. Relief completes at midnight.
- Disposition of the Battalion as follows:-
- 'A' Company on the right;
- 'B' Company on the left;
- 'C' Company in support (garrisoning 2 farms on the polders);
- 'D' Company in Brigade Reserve, acting as carrying parties for the front line comapnies.