Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 26 September.
- Seven men enlist into A Company.
- Battalion is relieved by the 15th Lancashire Fusiliers from Le Quesnoy.
- Proceeds to take over billets at Annezin; relief commences at 2pm and completes at 3:45pm.
- Battalion situated at La Panne find working parties.
- Lecture to all Officers and Platoon Sergeants by the Divisional Commander. One Company practices Apron Fence wiring.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.