|Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 19 October.
- First Battle of Ypres begins.
- 21 men are recruited at Caldewgate and a further 7 men at Devonshire Street.
- Enlistments: Thomas Campbell (13920 Pte.) • Osborn Morgan Lewis (15264 Pte.).
- Equipment at Blackhall Camp: 10 felling axes, 20 billhooks, 10 pickaxes, 10 shovels, 10 spades, 6 sledge hammers, 12 latrine screens, 10 brooms, 50 latrine buckets, 2 bundles latrine paper, 3200 yards of flannelette, 9 gallons of oil.
- Telegram from Lt-Col. Machell to Mr. Spedding at Lowther: “Tables for Mess and Hut urgently needed I know his Lordship wishes this to be got on with.” 
- Battalion leaves Longuevillete for Herissat in full marching order. Marches for two hours and returns to Longuevillete.
- Battalion situated at Teteghem. Companies carry out 6 mile route march in full marching order.
- Two hours Company training during morning. Recreation in the afternoon.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.