2/4th Battalion - Honours for Services during Afghanistan Operations
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HONOURS FOR SERVICES DURING THE OPERATIONS AGAINST AFGHANISTAN
- Dated 1st January, 1920
- To be additional Companion of the Most Eminent Order of the Indian Empire Temporary Lieutenant-Colonel John Francis Haswell, Royal Army Medical Corps.
- To be an Officer of the Military Division of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire Captain Vincent Strickland Jones.
- To be a Member of the Military Division of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire Lieutenant (Temporary Captain) Patrick Swinglehurst Hamilton.
MENTIONED IN DISPATCHES
- Gazette of India, October, 1918 Lieut.-Colonel J. F. Haswell, V.D.
- Gazette of India, 20th August, 1918 Lieut.-Colonel F. W. Halton, T.D.
For Distinguished Service during the operations against Afghanistan, London Gazette, dated 3rd August, 1920
- Captain J. Brooks.
- Captain V. S. Jones.
- Lieutenant (Acting Captain) L. MacGlasson.
- No. 200822 Sergeant (Acting Company Sergeant-Major) J. E. Bell.
- No. 202062 Lance-Corporal (Acting Sergeant) J. E. Morgan, attached No. 8 Casualty Clearing Hospital.
- No. 202065 Private (Acting Lance-Corporal) J. Owen.
MERITORIOUS SERVICE MEDAL
- No. 201411 T/W.O. Cl. II (O.R.S.) R. P. Wallace.
- No. 200994 Pte. A. Lawson.