|Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 15 May.
- The Lonsdales move to Brigade Camp at Prees Heath, Shropshire, (124th Brigade). The people of Carlisle give a mighty send off. Bands play and crowds cheer all the way along the rail lines to Oxenholme.
- Battalion situated at Contay Wood involved in training.
- Lieuts. G. Spring-Rice and C.W. Fowke report their arrival.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, May 1916
- From the Supplement to The London Gazette, 11th August 1915: Temporary Lieutenant C. W. Fowke, from 9th (Service) Battalion (Pioneers), to be temporary Lieutenant. Dated 21st July, 1915, but with seniority from 2nd November, 1914.
- From the Supplement to The London Gazette, 1st November 1920: Labour Corps, The undermentioned temp. Capts. relinquish their commissions on completion of service, 2 Nov. 1920, and retain the rank of Capt.: C.W. Fowke.