Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 1 April.
- “All Barracks Room and lines to be scrupulously clean. NCO's and men on duty will be permitted to quit Barracks after 11am.” 
- “The advance party on Monday will proceed by 7.33am Train from Carlisle, arriving Grantham 9.19pm. Breakfast for the Advance party will be served at 5.45am and cold luncheon will be carried in Haversacks.” 
The following Lonsdale men died this day in 1917
- Barker, Percy Reginald (28279 Pte.)
- Brogden, Joshua (26325 Pte.)
- Cummings, James (18563 L/Cpl.)
- Douglas, Alexander (33133 Cpl.)
- Garvey, Martin (26387 Pte.)
- Hope, Walter Ernest (27860 Pte.)
- Hulme, James (26529 Pte.)
- Hutton, James (34979 L/Sgt.)
- Irving, Walter Strong (25008 Pte.)
- Queen, Robert (26935 Pte.)
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.