|Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 8 April.
- Height restriction is reduced to 5’1” for the Border Regiment.
- Letter to Major Binning: “there will be no objection to your Company continuing to use the baths during this month, on Friday mornings, and if a 6th Company is raised there will be no objection to them attending the baths on any morning other than Tuesday or Saturday. After this month fresh arrangements will have to be made.” 
- Battalion Orders: “Latest instructions from Headquarters state that the concentration of the 112th Infantry Brigade is still in abeyance. Orders will be issued as soon as received.” 
- Battalion situated in billets in Senlis involved in Company training.
- A draft of 20 other ranks join the Battalion.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.