Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 1 March.
- Punishments: W. Robinson (15284) of C Company is deprived of 7 days’ pay; H.J. Bannon (15542) of A Company receives 4 days’ detention.
- Battalion situated in billets at Le Quesnel as Brigade Reserve. Preparations are made prior to marching for the line.
- At 1pm the Lonsdales parade and march off in companies, relieving the 2nd Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers in Support Line 'Kuropatkin'.
- Major Chamberlayne takes over as Second in Command.
- Battalion situated at camp near Woesten. Companies at the disposal of officers commanding companies for training, on the range and in open fighting. Signallers, snipers, scouts and Lewis Gunners carry on independently. Lecture in salvage to NCO's.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.