|Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun|
Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 14 March.
- Memo from Lt-Col. Machell: “from this time onwards should make every endeavour to get their men together and smarten them up after the prolonged rest entailed by vaccination....The immediate destiny of the Battalion will largely depend upon the impression formed of its merits by the Inspecting General Officer.” 
- Battalion situated in billets in Albert providing working parties for the Royal Engineers.
- Two other ranks are wounded.
- Battalion holding the front line. Raid discussed on 9 March is cancelled.
- The Lonsdales are relieved by the 17th Highland Light Infantry; relief completes at 3.15am; lose one patrol of Sergeant and two men – taken prisoner.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.